Subject: [Leica] Help !! Lightroom 2 problem
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Jan 30 09:19:26 2009

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but I had
problems with Lightroom locking up on me too, on a laptop.

It was really bugging the hell out of me. I was having to go in and
kill it off via the task manager, as you suggest.

I solved the problem not by doing anything with Lightroom, but by
uninstalling all that Java crap that sneaks on to your machine. Go in
to the Control Panel and click on the install/uninstall programs
(forget what it is called), get rid of all the Jave installations (if
you really need them, you'll find out and can reinstall what you
really, really need).

I never had to reinstall Java, but by uninstalling it, Lightroom
settled down and I haven't had a problem since.

It was also under XP.

Daniel