Subject: [Leica] Tri X
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Fri Jan 30 22:24:12 2009

I used HD for some time, drifted to the PG version for stability and
then settled on the MC version.  I'm a bit of a nut case regarding EI
control and cross-check with Macbeth and Wallner densitometers.  I've
never been able to pull a true box speed with any of the PyroCat
formulations.  I get close with stand and semi-stand routines.  I'm
admittedly not a soot and chalk fan so I may be a bit slanted in my
approach to pictorial qualities.  I like the scanning behavior of
PyroCat negatives and the edge effects give back a snap that adds
apparent sharpness for me.  These negatives seem to need much less
manipulation in the darkroom, too.  Deep shadows hold up with sufficient
detail and the highlights don't seem to blow out.  I especially like the
skin tone "glow" as it makes printing so easy.