Subject: [Leica] December 2008 LUG photo contest results
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat Jan 31 15:22:46 2009

2009-01-31-12:14:51 Brian Reid:
> There was a tie for first place. This has never happened before. This
> month
> there were 11 judges, so the probability of it happening was
> infinitesimally low.

Gotta love those edge cases.

> First place: Tina Manley and Chris Williams
> Third place: Douglas M. Sharp
> Honourable mention: Lluis Ripoll Querol, Lluis Ripoll Querol, and Alastair
> Firkin

Yaaay! This time, I think the judges really got it right! (Meaning, of
course, that they agree with *me*). The two top photos are my two strong
favorites from the whole batch. (And they're so stylistically consistent
with their creators' body of work that even while they were anonymous,
they might as well have been signed; but I think they're particularly
excellent work even by the high standards of their respective authors.)

Congratulations to all.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] December 2008 LUG photo contest results)