Subject: [Leica] Erwin reviews new Summilux
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun Feb 1 09:00:15 2009

With the dizzying array
of camera and lens combinations
available today
it seems that you can achieve
what ever "scale" you'd like
from any number of companies.

My personal experience with the "design image circle for sensor"
approach:
I purchased the 10-22 canon and loved it on the 20D.
When I acquired the 5D I resented the fact it could not be used on
the body.

I very much like the fact that my Leica lenses can be interchanged
between 35 mm film, so-called full-frame sensors, and smaller sensors;
with superb performance, corner to corner, through that range of
formats.

I, for one, would not jump on your small sensor image circle lens
band wagon.

Would a IIIf scale digital kit be fun? Sure
Yet, the M remains a fine form factor and scale in my hands.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com