Subject: [Leica] IMG: Modern Services, Old Presentation
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun Feb 1 19:23:14 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 Daniel Ridings <dlridings@gmail.com> wrote:

>I too have never been attracted by b/w images from digital color.
>Don't know why. I could very well just be a snob or something, but I
>don't think so. When it comes to color images, I wouldn't touch film.
>So I'm not totally hung up on film. But when it comes to b/w ...
>digital doesn't do it for me.

>Daniel
I thought I might be the only one who felt like this. I've been taking more
personal color pictures with my 30D, than I have on color film, but when I
want to
record an image that speaks to me as B&W, I feel it is more appropriate to
use a medium that has ONLY that capability.  It appears I've evolved into
a color=digital/B&W=film mode.  I guess I just believe the decision on
monochrome or color should come at the time of exposure, and be irrevocable.
The other part of this is that my film cameras are just so much simpler and
more
fun to use.  They have no menus, buttons, or batteries, just one-function
controls,
they're smaller, and they focus where I tell them to.  ;~)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] IMG: Modern Services, Old Presentation)