Subject: [Leica] Western Digital My Passport Essential USB 2.0-Powered External Drives
From: mknawabi.lug at gmail.com (Yama Nawabi)
Date: Mon Feb 2 13:59:28 2009

Hey Jim,

Be sure to remember that with any mechanical hard drive, you really need
to be very soft and careful with them in order to prolong their life as
much as possible. This includes,

-Not dropping the drive
-Keeping the drive in a dry area
-Keeping the drive in a cool area
-Keeping the drive away from any dust

and finally, keeping it as stationary as possible.

The heads in these drives are..well, fragile is an understatement.
Proper care will extend the life of your drive for years! You don't want
your backup drive to die ;)

-Yama Nawabi