Subject: [Leica] How to protect the M8 LCD Screen? Giottos Screen
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Feb 4 19:02:47 2009

Scott, mine has been on for 11 months. I have not tried to take it off and
it is unmarked. I remember reading a post where someone had a problem trying
to take one off. I see that Giottos describe a removal method on their site
with limited heating. I have not tried it and don't need to.  I would
certainly use as little heat as possible to try to loosen the protector if I
had to remove it. I don't know how many people have had one on an M8 (or any
other camera) and decided to take it off, then had a problem.
My view is that any impact that did crack the protector would have damaged
the actual LCD glass and maybe the LCD itself if the protector was not
there. I would rather try to replace the protector than the LCD!
You should not fit yours if you are worried about a possible future problem.
I will try not to say, I told you so, if you do damage your LCD sometime
down the track  ;-) ;-)
By the way my camera usually has a leather flap covering the screen anyway
(Luigi half-case).