Subject: [Leica] Re:Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Feb 6 08:02:16 2009

Gene,

I started doing some side by side testing as a joke, thinking there'd be a
huge difference. The main comparison I did was head and shoulder portraits
in available light. Tripod mounted vs hand held had more impact than which
lens I used, especially a lower shutter speeds. No surprise there.

The 100E seemed to hold up, right down to the eyelashes. I'm not saying the
100E is as good as the 90 R. It's just a lot closer in performance than I
expected. Sometimes lenses show up. Other times they don't. A lot depends on
the situation. For sure I have more confidence in the R lens.

DaveR