Subject: [Leica] New 18 mm lens
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Feb 14 13:26:10 2009

I should have added, on my desk is the Elmar f/3.8 24 and the Distagon ZM
f/4 18. The quoted length for the new Super Elmar is virtually the same and
the wider objective element area looks to be very like the ZM, as you would
expect. I don't understand the comment about the angle of view being the
same as the 24 though. Unless  its meant that the AOV on an M8 is about the
same as a 24 on a film M. I use a Leica finder made for film Ms set to 24.

--
Cheers
Geoff

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] New 18 mm lens)