Subject: [Leica] LTM vs. M3 for trip
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Tue Feb 17 17:16:15 2009

Unlike a Panasonic LX3 or (insert name of favorite digital camera here), the
LTM camera's hold their value well.

The IIIF and IIIG model's in good tune are the crown jewels of LTM's and are
built like German Panzers. Probably built by some of the same guy's.

I have a suite of modern Leica glass (3 Summicron's and a Summilux) (also
Rollei, Pentax and VC) I can use when I want the best glass but I also have
Leica, Canon and Nikon made lenses from up to 60 years ago which provide me
a unique look that modern glass can't match.

When mankind blows himself off this earth forever, only cockroachs and LTM
cameras will remain.

If I could size the perfect digital camera I'd use the fit, finish, and form
of the IIIG as a good starting point.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada