Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 445
From: scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed Feb 18 12:09:05 2009

I have agree with Brian. Get a mail program that can filter and
thread. All modern, popular mail programs, and some pretty obscure
ones like wanderlust, can do both.

A long time ago when I was on dial up modem and there were only a few
digest formats, my email client would convert digests from a few well
know sources (comp.risks for those of you who care) into separate
messages and thread the result.

Now there is no real need for mail digests. Digests are a pain as
people inadvertently reply to a single message  with the whole digest.

For pure text mail messages on the LUG, even a dial up modem could
easily handle the volume.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 38, Issue 445)