Subject: [Leica] Server computer is in hospice
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Thu Feb 19 11:08:36 2009

Same here. It's only because of the LUG that I've been able to meet Nathan
and allow him to buy me a beer. Indeed it's only because of the LUG that
I've met Tarek and allowed him to buy me a beer. I've also been fortunate to
have met Luis, and he's also bought me a beer. What sort of world would it
be if I had to buy my own beer?

This new server and the hosting must cost money. Why not set up a Paypal
account and invite subscribers to make a donation towards its cost and
upkeep? No one needs to donate if they don't want to. Anything raised above
the amount needed to keep the LUG afloat could be donated to a charity of
your choice. Maybe have a 'donations' week once a year?

Steve