Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed
From: Clive at moss.net (Clive Moss)
Date: Thu Feb 19 20:19:14 2009

I have "Automatically Write Changes in XMP" set on - the changes are
recorded into XMP sidecar files and saved with the original file. No
need to back up the catalog. When Adobe and/or Lightroom dies, I hope
their successor will provide a migration path. If not, hopefully the
original dng, jpg, or NEF  files will be usable. Given my age, the
files' formats (if not the media) will outlast me.
The few images that may be worth preserving are on the web and may be
swept by the "Wayback Machine".
Lots of hopefullys and maybes there - the future is all about maybes :-)
--
Clive
http://clive.moss.net/blog