Subject: [Leica] OT: But Interesting Paul Volker Quote Regarding Financial Mess
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Fri Feb 20 11:55:30 2009

?One of the saddest days of my life was when my grandson ? and he?s a
particularly brilliant grandson ? went to college. He was good at
mathematics. And after he had been at college for a year or two I asked him
what he wanted to do when he grew up. He said, ?I want to be a financial
engineer.? My heart sank. Why was he going to waste his life on this
profession?

A year or so ago, my daughter had seen something in the paper, some
disparaging remarks I had made about financial engineering. She sent it to
my grandson, who normally didn?t communicate with me very much. He sent me
an email, ?Grandpa, don?t blame it on us! We were just following the orders
we were getting from our bosses.? The only thing I could do was send him
back an email, ?I will not accept the Nuremberg excuse.?

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009