Subject: [Leica] lens problem with another brand
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Feb 27 09:19:49 2009

Bruce,

I have the same lens. The only sound the VR motor should make is a
faint sound as if a wheel was turning inside. That lens is also dust
sealed. Make sure the rubber seal is in place around the lens mount.
This is a very expensive lens and I can see why you would buy it
used. Nikon USA just raised the price $800 this month. Considering
the cost of the lens a repair would be a small price to pay if the
dealer gives you a good price.

Good Luck,
Len