Subject: [Leica] adorama rd 1 xg page
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri Feb 27 12:35:54 2009

Actually, one very important implication about the RD-1x: when the RD-1s
came out, it was speculate and probably correctly that Epson simply took the
remaining stock of the RD-1 that haven't been sold, upgraded the firmware
and added a little 's' to it, i.e. no new parts were order.

If I understand correctly, tooling for the body can be expensive. It may
even be possible that the manufacturer for the original R-D1 bodies no
longer have the "mold" to do the R-D1.

So now we have Epson investing production dollars for a "dead" product.
Hmmmm.....

If this is April 1st (I wrote the "Leica bought Epson to release RD-2 as
Digital M" back in 2006?), I'd spread the rumor that the RD-1x is only one
of the two rangefinders Epson will announce at PMA. With RD-1x at $2000 and
the Leica M8 at $3800/$5800, there is plenty of space for a quieter shutter
RD-2.

You read it here first :-)

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com