Subject: [Leica] Mamiya 7II gotchas?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 03:49:44 -0500

Close focusing issues.

And it is not a Rolleiflex.

The only advantage to 6x7 is it makes a better presentation on a light
table. 20x24 inch prints you can barely tell the difference between 645 and
6x7. And that's darkroom prints. Inkjets for sure no difference.
Me I'd rather get 12 or 16 on a roll than 10 on a roll.
A 6x7 transparency on a light table for some odd reason looks twice the size
of a 6x6 square. I wonder what that optical illusion is called. A 6x7 on the
light table blows a 6x6 or memory of it away. I really think that's why Herb
Ritts and Anne Liebowitz shot in that format moving from 6x6

And I'd rather have a Mamiya 6x6 rangefinder camera.

But I can look through the sports finder of my Rolleiflex.
And shoot with a Zeiss made in Germany 2.8 planar.

And I have a Graflex Pacemaker speed graphic 2x3

The Fuji GF670 folder seems pretty darned interesting

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00OF7F
http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00O/00OFPs-41430584.jpg

Fits right in your pocket!

Mark William Rabiner