Subject: [Leica] Jupiter lens question
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip F)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:36:34 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

The nice photos taken with an 85mm f/2 have got me thinking about an
alternative lens. As I'd like the original Nikkor 85mm or Zeiss Jena
85mm f/2.0 they seem to be hard to find in M39 as well as pricey. The
Jupiter-9 looks to be pretty common. What are the opinions of this
lens? Is the sample ratio of pass:fail bad like some of the Russian
copy lenses? I'm intending to use it for my long focal length with an
R-D1 since I already have a 135mm finder and the 85mm focal length
comes close to the FOV of the finder I own.
Thanks all.
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Jupiter lens question)
Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] Jupiter lens question)