Subject: [Leica] Sun Dog?/Glory
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:58:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009  Howard Ritter <hlritter at bex.net>wrote:

>Thanks for posting, Alan. This is a wonderful image, a mystic
>convergence of the technological and the natural, the military and the
>serene.

>No trouble telling just where in the P-38's fuselage the camera is
>located!
>It looks like the picture was made near high noon in a tropical clime,
>with the sun smack overhead.

>This is worthy of memorialization in the US Air Force Museum or the
>Smithsonian Museum of Flight. You might consider contacting them.

>--howard
They most likely have it.  This (I'm assuming) was a print brought back
from overseas service as a souvenir, and the negative probably resides in
the
Air Force archives.  The landscape is probably New Guinea, since my father
was with the 8th Photographic Squadron (L) in Port Moresby.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee