Subject: [Leica] Nokton 35/1.2 Lens, loose screws
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:03:19 -0700

Once again I'm catching up on the list.

The Nokton 35 f1.2 is a magnificent lens and I'd put mine up against any
Leica lens, any day of the week you want to have a shoot out! On the M8 it
is an amazingly crisp, as sharp cutting and in your face great image
capturing lens as you'll ever find!

Hey I bought this as a match for my Noctilux when we started to shoot the
book,  "Women in Medicine. A Celebration of Their Work." Unfortunately it
didn't arrive until we were finished. But since then it's almost the lens of
choice with the M8 as it's as crisp as any lens could possibly be.

No I wont sell it to anybody! :-)

I can't imagine anyone considering it a "poor man's Noctilux" Hell it's a
hand in glove match twin with the Noctilux. Wide open or other wise! A few
screws loose? Hell we've all got a few of those. So don't fault this lens
because you found a couple. Simple answer? Either return it for another or
buy a set of jewelers screw drivers, any photographer worth their salt has a
set of these in any event just in case. Tighten the screws and get snapping
away!

There see how easy it is! :-)

Dr. ted. :-)