Subject: [Leica] Nokton 35/1.2 Lens, loose screws
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:10:26 +0100

I think "working loose from vibration" is a pretty thin excuse.

I'm still using lenses from literally dozens of different makers, some
of which are many decades old, and nothing internal like that has ever
happened to any of them (including 9 CV lenses). Quite a few of them
have been bounced around on hiking trips, on the loadbed of a Landrover,
in car boots and - the worse that can happen to anything like a lens -
have been through the torture of baggage handling at various airports
(including twice a week for 7 months at the dreaded London Gatwick
during which BA managed to destroy (it must be said: and replaced very
quickly and unbureaucratically) three pieces of baggage I entrusted to
them - "rip, tear and crush" is their motto)

I think it's a production cock-up at CV and must be covered by warranty
or replacement.

Tina, have you posted the story on the CVUG list? There are loads of
CV-users there who may have had your problem.

Cheers
Douglas