Subject: [Leica] Insights about handling a delicate photo situation
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:12:04 -0500

I agree with Nathan.
With this editorial/documentary work it's all about the relationship
between photographer and subject.
Be open with your subjects and invite them to open to you.
Share with them what you have shared here.
Tell them that you recognize the delicacy of the situation
as well as these most important moments in their lives.
Show them your work to gain their confidence;
and let them know that you feel it is important to let people see
these precious moments.

As long as you're showing them the respect and honor,
most will probably appreciate your work and your motives.

Those who which to preserve their privacy,
probably will have no interest in your project.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com