Subject: [Leica] Nokton 35/1.2 Lens, loose screws
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:00:33 -0700

>> Stephen said it was a case of the screws being vibrated loose - as in a
plane flight.<<<

Tina,

I find this line of excuse from Steven, whom I've dealt with quite
successfully on several occasions  and well treated to be at best, an
absolute weak kneed offering if ever there was one! He's always been helpful
and understanding so he missed the boat with this line of loose screws as an
excuse in these modern lens construction times. Besides aircraft vibration
these days is a myth when saying it shakes the screws loose in a lens or
camera. The old prop aircraft might have been different, today? Really? Come
on!

I feel Stephen's response should've been an immediate return of a new lens
and the screw loose sent back to CV for inspection and proper assembly...
"AT THEIR EXPENSE!"

I bet Mr. Kobiashi the owner of CV didn't know about this? Because I'm sure
his response would've been a new lens in the blink of an eye and the old one
re done. Not to mention checking out which employee had assembled the lens
in the first place and given a knuckle rap for improper work..

My CV 35 1.2 lens has been all over the place in all kinds of planes flying
across the Atlantic and back several times, including several North America
flights and as far as I can see both in image results and screws loose, it's
beautiful.

It might be worth a note to Mr. Kobiashi in Japan about the situation, much
like your OJ situation just to see what happens?

Cheers,

Dr.ted