Subject: [Leica] Tiger Family at Ranthambore
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:53:42 +0530

Many thanks to all those who took the time to see and comment about the
first installment of my photographs from Ranthambhore.

The second page are all about one family, a female and two 9 month old cubs,
one male and one female. These shots were taken at about 8am, but in a gorge
where sunlight does not penetrate till much later, so it was pretty dark.
The kids put on a show hardly 20 feet away, jumping and frolicking. The
female cub had no fear, and at one point I could not focus on her because
she was so close. I really thought, at one point,  that she would jump into
our jeep, and affectionately give us a lick! Later on they moved to a nearby
waterhole, had a drink, relaxed a bit, and then moved on. All in all I would
guess we were with them for over an hour, and it was the best sighting I
have ever had.

These shots are mainly at high ISO, 1600 or 800, and shot handheld, save for
one where I used a beanbag. The equipment was:

Nikon D300 + 70-200 f2.8 + 1.7TC
Nikon D300 + 200-400 f4 + 1.4TC

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/?g2_page=2

Comments and criticism, as always, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Tiger Family at Ranthambore)