Subject: [Leica] R8/DMR back from Leica NJ
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 03:48:20 +0000

A few comments. ?Well the R8/DMR are back and they work together perfectly,
the shutter no longer locks up. ?Everything is nice and shiny clean, and the
power unit seems to fit tighter to the R8 body than it did when I attached
it. ?Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I just could not get them to fit
tightly at one end. ?Anyway I am happy with the repair/adjustment,
especially since it was done at zero cost to me. ?;-)

The repair invoice is the usual vague description, not sure why they do not
itemize the problem and work done. ?A comment on their communication within
their repair department. ?I had called them last week on Wednesday to see
when it would be returned, and was told it would be completed on the 20th,
this coming Friday. ?Then last Friday I received a email from UPS giving me
the notice that the item was in their system and would be here today. ?Now,
I am glad I got it back much earlier, but you would think Leica would have
better communication within their repair department, to give customers
calling about their equipment better information.

Over all the R8/DMR was gone 3 1/2 weeks, a reasonable time in my opinion.
?Now off to take some photos with it....

Cheers,
Gene

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] R8/DMR back from Leica NJ)
Message from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] The Lumix 45 - 200 zoom on the Pana G1)