Subject: [Leica] Weekend lessons (George Lottermoser) Part Deaux
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:53:59 -0500

George -

Your comment about floral & faunal  shots posted on the LUG reminded
me of another thing; which is that there seems to often be a
difference (in my shots, anyway) between good bird ID shots and good-
looking attempts at bird portraiture.  It's amusing to me that when
real birders see some of my postings they say things like "I can't
see the tail coverts!" or something like that.  On the other hand,
they'll see some lousy looking rejects (to me) I shot of the same
bird and get all excited about the clarity of some characteristic
markings....

Like great documentary photography, though, I'm sure there's a way to
get all the relevant "facts" to live in the same frame with all the
attractive visual elements...

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Weekend lessons (George Lottermoser) Part Deaux)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Weekend lessons (George Lottermoser) Part Deaux)