Subject: [Leica] French to legislate image retouching
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:38:41 -0500

I'm with you on this Chris.
I've spent too much of my life in the ad bus;
and glad to be winding it down.
I've not worked (much) in the fashion end of the business;
but the effect of these retouched dolls on our societies
and specifically on our young women's self esteem and self image
is a damn shame and very real.

Ann's daughter is a beautiful 22 year old
and I watch her (and her mother)
watching this crap and doing daily battle
to achieve these impossible looks.

They often don't even believe me
when I point out that scenes in movies
are made with body doubles and frame by frame retouching.

I'd love to see the whole industry collapse;
makeup, surgeries, botox - all of it.

It's one thing to stay healthy and fit;
quite another when you feel forced to
paint, starve, cut and paste to compete
in a world of illusions.

I find women most beautiful
when they're feel perfectly comfortable with themselves
and the least makeup is applied.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com