Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW week 8 slightly different take
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 10:09:32 -0500

For all of us doing PAW's this was one of those weeks where work interfered
with life pretty badly.  However, I keep in mind locations that are possibly
good photo locations when personal time becomes scarce and so have some
images to show.  What was interesting is that it was the third image that I
sought out but the first two that are the strongest.
So, first up is my take on the current state of the art in landscaping:

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+8/modern+landscaping.jpg.html

and the second is a different view of the same location:

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+8/modern+landscaping+II.jpg.html

The third image is the one I stopped for.  The foreground is a very old
Baptist Church and the background is a new Ritz Carlton going up.  The
church sold the land for the building at the height of the bubble; turning a
very nice profit that they have turned into a very strong community
outreach.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+8/established-speculative.jpg.html

Last is an image that means something to me.  Although it is not so strong
an image.  This woman was having a nice traditional Japanese meal while a
friend and I were engaging in somewhat loud and passionate conversation
concerning goings on in the world.  Like a true Southern Lady she paid no
mind to the distraction and enjoyed her meal.

<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DoryG/On-the-road/PAW2009/Week+8/quiet+lunch.jpg.html

Enjoy the coming week; document your local.  It is not all doom an gloom out
there; some parts of life are getting much better.  After winter spring
comes.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com