Subject: [Leica] Digital camera purchase conundrum
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip F)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:41:54 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

So I need to "invest" in a digital camera soon. I'm shooting for the Temple
University News now and next semester I'll be required to have one for my
documentary photography class. Question is, do I go with the outdated 6MP
Epson R-D1 and use the great lenses I already have or do I buy into a new
system and invest in new lenses? Mind you, finds are rather tight so I'm
trying to stretch my dollars as much as possible. I'm thinking the Epson is
already outdated, but then again, aren't all digitals by the time they hit
our camera bags? I can save $$$ with an Epson and not buy any new lenses. If
I go for a Nikon or Canon, I'm also in for lenses, none of which I own
anymore for either system.
Any opinions? M8 is out of the question. Try not to mention it.
Thanks,
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Digital camera purchase conundrum)
Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] Digital camera purchase conundrum)