Subject: [Leica] Perpetually Upgradeable, was: Digital camera purchase conundrum
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 02:20:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hey, I'd like to circle back on this from a different point.?

Not taking any issues with what Tina reported, but what does it mean to say
a camera is "perpetually upgradeable," especially in these relatively early
digital days?? Will Leica offer sensor upgrades?? What are the limits of
this idea??

I'm not an engineer, a scientist or an economist, but I don't think this
could work out quite the way it did with the Barnack cameras in the 1930s.?
Discussion???

Tks

John