Subject: [Leica] New to Leica
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:45:30 +0000

Jan,

Don't worry about those of us who are sometimes grumpy and cantankerous -
and I
include myself in that from time to time - I joined well after the group had
started, so I am a relative newbie. But on this list you will find the most
incredible variety of experience and expertise in most things photographic.
Many
of us like and love screw-mount/LTM/Barnack cameras and bayonet cameras and
some
even stick film in them and take photographs. Some - OK, many - like digital,
some can even afford it!

The criticism is often some of the most constructive you can find and from
people who you grow to know and respect.

This is a family and we all argue at sometime like most families, but you
will
find someone who knows about most things, or can point you in the right
direction, though when I asked for a paleoeconomist, I ran out of luck!

Welcome to the list,

Peter Dzwig