Subject: [Leica] NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE & PHOTOGRAPHY.
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:13:24 -0500

The whole argument seems rather silly, along the lines of the old "Is God
Dead?" article from the mid-1960s. It's just another way to stir up
discussion (I can almost hear Linda Richman from Saturday Night Live say,
"Photography is so kaput these days that who knows what anymore.  Discuss."

Photography has ALWAYS, by its nature, been subjective: by choice of lens,
lighting, positioning of subject, and for the past century and a half
manipulation during printing.  The only difference today is that
manipulation is far easier than ever before, and harder to detect.

The basics have not changed, though (arguably) the tools have improved.

Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA