Subject: [Leica] New to Leica
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 23:05:01 -0500

If precision is what you are after, an M8 is probably the thing just
for you. That camera, more than any i've heard of tested the limits of
the precision of Leica lenses and many here in the LUG have had to have
their sharp as a tack lenses sent out because they were not precise
enough for the M8's sensor.
Precision often takes the art out of photography which is one reason
that people stick with 5cm or 50mm Elmars or whatever from ages ago.
Precision is only as much of a ruler as the person operating the camera
lets it be. We can't all become soul-less image makers, then it's just
HD video capture frame by frame. Ick

I can make a photograph without a camera in the traditional sense of
the word, using a pretty imprecise piece of aluminum foil over a
window, an aperture in the foil, a ruler and a plane for which the
image can be focused upon.

Phil Forrest