Subject: [Leica] M8 upgrade video link
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:35:51 -0500

Tina Manley wrote:

I know immediately if I have the photos.
<<<<

This was a biggie for me last month.  I could check the day's photos each
evening and re-shoot the next day if needed, or verify that I had the
photos I wanted and move on to the next subject.  The E6 film I mailed to
the lab a few weeks ago still hasn't arrived here.

Digital is also much easier to back up.  While in Hawaii my external hard
drive crashed (literally: a hormonal kitten sent it flying from table to
floor, twice) and I lost my primary storage.  Fortunately I had made
backups of everything each evening and I lost nothing.  Film in the mail
has been lost or crushed, processing labs have wrecked stuff.  To make film
backups as securely as digital backups you'd need to make identical
exposures on more than one roll of film, processed seperately, and if
processed by a lab, transported seperately to separate labs.  A bit
impractical.

Also because I had film in my camera bag, I had a hand inspection at the
Honolulu airport agricultural check station, where my apple (in-flight
snack) was confiscated.  Grrr.  SWMBO's bag went through the scanning
machine and her apple was not detected.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] M8 upgrade video link)