Subject: [Leica] French to legislate image retouching
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:14:06 +1000

Hi Chris. Thanks very much for your response. I shall be very interested to
learn from your posted reference.
I'm no Ad man. I was not trying to make a case that there was no problem
with media and body images.
I just don't see how the French legislating disclosure about retouching for
print media would achieve anything useful.
you need to give people some credit for discerning fantasy from reality too,
in their entertainment choices.

Im not sure how you're being stoned while watching TV fits into your message
however ! ;-)
Don't you have legislation prohibiting illegal drugs? How's that working out
to alter people's attitudes and choices !!! ;-)
I can see this working now in dark street corners...Psst, wanna buy some
fashion magazines? They are retouched and there's NO disclosure!!!

I respectfully disagree with your opinion on my posted retouched image.

--
Cheers
Geoff

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] French to legislate image retouching)