Subject: [Leica] Happy New year.
From: platoali at gmail.com (Platoali)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:10:04 +0330

According to Jalali (Iranian) calender, tomorrow ( which is also the first
day
of spring) is the first day of new year for Iranian and other people who
live
in nearby countries such as Tajikestan, Azarbaijan, Afganestan, parts of
Turkey and Iraq and, also some people in India.

Our new year celebration called  Newrooz ( New day )  is a pre-islamic
tradition that people who lived in these  lands have practice this for more
than 4 thousands years. It is a very important for Iranian  and play a very
important rule through history. Actually it is one of the main reasons that
Iranian could save their identity after the invasion of Arabs, Mongols and
others. Now it also play as a unification role for us. All people regardless
of
race, religion celebrate it.

We are usually very busy these days visiting relatives and others. Usually
eating and laughing giving present to children, visiting elders and ...

Although this celebration is not related to most of LUGers. I want to say
happy new years to all you. and wish you very very good time.

Best wishes
Ali Yazdi

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Happy New year.)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Happy New year.)