Subject: [Leica] [PAW] IMG: No Bokeh
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 18:29:10 -0400

At 07:15 PM 3/19/2009, you wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:48:20 -0400, you wrote:
>Besides that, the edges abutting the bokeh -- particularly the gray
>rock -- look positively fake to me. I know it was shot "wide open," as
>Tina puts it. But it just doesn't look...normal to me, put it that
>way.
>
>Scandler

All right.  I put them all back up, but in their own gallery - Bokeh.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/bokeh

These are not manipulated in any way except levels - and one was
converted to B&W and one cropped.  They were converted from RAW to
tiffs in LR and from large tiff Prophoto RGB to small jpeg sRGB in PSC3.

I don't know what lens (lenses?) I used.  I have about a hundred more
photos taken from the same place but I haven't gotten to them
yet.  They may be better or worse.

If anybody has a clue why the bokeh is so awful, I'd love to know,
but nothing is faked - no artificial "bokeh" programs were used.  If
I had used artificial bokeh, you can be sure it would not be this awful!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] [PAW] IMG: No Bokeh)