Subject: [Leica] Comments on the Zeiss 25mm f 2.8 Biogon for the M8
From: jviiret at gmail.com (Justin Viiret)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:04:15 +1100

Hi Roland,

I bought one of these from someone on the RFF forum site a year or two
ago, and I love it. It's small, takes 46mm filters (same as my 50 pre-
asph summilux), appears to be pretty much impervious to flare, and is
very well made.  I don't have the shade or the (apparently phenomenal)
finder -- I use a beaten-up Voigtlander 25mm finder instead, though
I'll probably eventually pick up the Zeiss finder if I spot a cheaper
second-hand one. :)

Here's a few shots taken with it from me:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jviiret/tags/zeiss25f28biogon/>

And from the m-mount group on Flickr:

<http://www.flickr.com/groups/86731438 at N00/pool/tags/
ZeissBiogon25mmf2.8>

I think it's an excellent buy, though I know the wider and even
smaller 21/4.5 has some fans here too...

jv