Subject: [Leica] IMG: good deeds
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:18:41 +0100

On Wednesday evening I posted a picture from a bar which a lot of
people liked. Here is the rest of the story of that afternoon.

Some time ago I was approached by the husband of one of the employees
on my team (he also works at the office but in a different
department). He told me that he was part of a diving group which was
working with a foundation called APADIS. APADIS seeks to help mentally
handicapped people integrate into society in various ways, sports and
outdoors activities being one of them. So my colleague's diving club
was going to spend an afternoon giving 5 people with Down's Syndrome
an experience with diving in a large pool belonging to APADIS.

They wanted their work documented so that the pictures could be used
for fund-raising and publicity. Clare, our "official" in-house
photographer, and I went along. In Clare's words, for her it was very
gratifying to photograph something other than men in suits (she
usually photographs office events like visiting delegations etc.). She
did her kind of photography, and I did mine. She used a Canon DSLR
with a big lens and took care of the group shots and much else. I
stuck to my M8 and used just two lenses, the 35mm for most of the
pictures, and the 24mm for the latter part of the afternoon, using my
legs to zoom. Hopefully between us we have covered the event in the
way the divers wanted.

I have posted a small selection of my images here:

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/7670615_chFAf#495235479_DcX5E

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain