Subject: [Leica] 2008 LUG Yearbook Donation to Project H.O.M.E.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:35:49 -0700

Ken Carney offered:

>>>Jim,

That's great and muchly appreciated.  Most of our charitable budget is for

organizations like this.  The success rates (GED's, jobs, etc.) are slim

given the population - a lot of addiction, mentally ill etc. -- but there

_are_ successes, plus some relief for others.  Now if we could get Ted to

give a motivational speech to get others off their butts and buy another

200-300 yearbooks.  Ted?<<<<<<

Good morning Ken,

No problem, be pleased to do so when the time comes in the fall. I will
attempt to put forth a heart warming "sermon" about helping others less
fortunate than we on this list. Nothing doom and gloom everybody else works
that line. Always think and see positive, as tiny as that may be at times.

The positive side of our book buying creates a "plain old fashion feel good"
that comes when we know "goodness has been done by our contributions in
doing something we do willingly and enjoy it!

"BUY BOOKS ABOUT OUR FRIENDS AND THEIR PHOTOGRAPHY!"

During the next 8 months when you are about to pop for a new photo book, why
not hang on for a bit and make that purchase a "LUG 2009 YEAR BOOK?"  And if
you are serious about the other book? When you are asked "What would you
like for Christmas?" You can immediately respond with the name of the book
you put on hold until after you've bought the "LUG 2009" book. See how easy
that is folks?

Now everybody start two things! .

First. Every night put all the change in your pocket in a jar or can, don't
touch it, just keep adding every evening. Don't borrow from it, just keep
adding! When it comes "BUY LUG BOOK TIME" the chances are you may have
enough for a purchase or two.

Second. Start shooting some new dynamite photos for submission; remembering
to open a LUG BOOK FOLDER on the desk top so you can find them quickly come
December. So, when Jim makes the call for submissions you'll pop a couple of
winners off to him in the blink of an eye without any hesitation. WHY?
Because you got organized in March!  Now see how easy it is when you set a
routine? Everybody becomes a winner!

Besides do you really want that damn old grouch bitching and cajoling and
heckling you for your pictures? It's only two nice Happy Snaps for crying
out loud! :-)

Make life easy with a tiny bit of fore thought! :-) And we can make other
folks feel a little better when they rest their weary heads.

Thank you Jim and to all you good folks who bought the 2008 book. Now let's
break the record for purchases on the 2009 copy!

Cheers,

The old grouch, ;-)

Dr. ted