Subject: [Leica] Power Drain on R8/DMR
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:43:08 +0000

Jim,

The R8 will turn itself off, or go into sleep mode if not used after a short
period, as does the DMR. ?Now if you store it in a bag where the release is
accidentally pushed it will turn on again and run down the battery. ? The
biggest drain on power with the R8/DMR is the LCD, if you use it in auto
review mode, and it really eats up power in this mode. ?I found that if you
turn off auto review, the battery lasts a significantly longer period, at
least 2 SD cards worth of shooting.

Cheers,
Gene

 -------------- Original message from "JamesR.Nelon" <jnelon at