Subject: [Leica] Your thoughts on a Voigtlander Lens
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:16:25 -0600

Here's a photo taken with my VC 21/4 lens a couple summers back:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Greg+Lorenzo/GettingOutOfDodge.jpg.html

I think its a great little lens and it does happen to be the 21mm lens I
kept in preference to the Zeiss 21/2.8 lens I sold here last year.

The fact that it is a great deal for the price paid was also helped by the
fact that it is compact, a LTM lens and it goes well for wider shoots with
my IIIF or IIIG.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

> Gary Dalton writes:
>
> A few days ago, I sought LUG input on lenses wider than my 35 Summaron for
> use with my M2.
>
> My thanks to anyone who chimed in on that issue.
>
> After reading your input and surfing the net, I'm now thinking Voigtlander
> Color-Skopar 21mm f/4.0
> because a 25 or 28 didn't seem wide enough.
>
> I understand that a 21 would require a viewfinder and a 39mm thread mount
> to bayonet adapter.
>
> What else should I know -- other than the learning curve for a wider lens
> might be a bit steep?
>
> Thanks in advance for your input.
>
> Gary

Hotmail? is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.

Message from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Your thoughts on a Voigtlander Lens)
Message from yongwei.chan at gmail.com (Chan Yong Wei) ([Leica] Your thoughts on a Voigtlander Lens)