Subject: [Leica] Third time's a charm for Epson 3800 printer
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:59:03 +1000

Yes,  if Brian had to work at making it operate on a network what chance do
mere mortals have!
Mine is connected via USB. But then none of my printers in the home network
operate without issues on the other machines.
On the carts, mine has a two year old matte black ink cart in it (I'm on my
third gloss black cart) that was virtually unused for the whole period. It
is printing fine now. I guess it is kept alive by the cleaning cycles. I
tend to print in batches with mine too, but now try to make at least a
couple of prints per week to keep the ink cholesterol from hardening in the
arteries to the print head.