Subject: [Leica] Digital Image Preservation
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:40:30 +0100

An interesting article.

An article I read recently in a photographic magazine here in Germany
compared storage media.

They actually included stone and clay tablets (thousands of years),
which came way before paper for longevity :-)
Unfortunately, they fell way down the list on storage capacity.

Some bright spark will probably soon come up with indestructible storage
in a synthetic diamond matrix (if there is any such thing. If not, I
thought of it first ;-) ) or something equally out of science fiction
(as were silicon chips 50 years ago).

Cheers
Douglas