Subject: [Leica] More Image manipulation freeware
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:06:13 +0100

It's all for Windoze again, sorry Macintosh Clan

I found this on a CD in a computer mag a while back, and was quite
impressed. I've just downloaded the newer version here:

http://www.vicanek.de/plugins/contrastmask.htm

This is a pretty good bit of software - in fact I consider it superior
to the PS light & shadow adjustment.
It works exactly as shown on the website (which also has a wonderful
example of a dirty sensor on the bottom test shot :-( )

I'm still trying to get my head around his Perspective transformer, it's
a totally different approach to what I've used before (PS - good. And
Mediachance - good and very intuitive). Its like having your image on a
tilting and rotatable table, which is rather strange to get the hang of
at first

http://www.vicanek.de/plugins/perspective.htm

I'm hoping to try out his other stuff soon- some of it looks
fascinating, very useful and very simple to use. More when I get some
results. I really like the one for getting rid of telephone and power
cables.

Cheers
Douglas

Message from joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low) ([Leica] Image manipulation experiment)