Subject: [Leica] What do you listen to?
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:48:03 -0600

Douglas Sharp wrote:
A John Fahey fan? One of a rare breed!
I am.  I met him once in 1968 when he and his then music partner Bill Barth
came through Memphis on a blues-hunting expedition.  I knew Barth better
than Fahey because he invited me to shoot some of the old bluesmen who were
still living in the Memphis area -- Furry Lewis, Mississippi Joe Callicot,
Reverend Robert Wilkins.  He was working on a video that I don't think he
ever finished.  I moved away before the project ended.  Fahey went back east
but Barth stuck around Memphis for a few years.  They're both dead now.

Some of the blues pictures are here:
http://pswango.smugmug.com/gallery/805417_2TPxL#35850259_ZaDpQ

Furry is on the second page.  Great time to be in Memphis.  There's a
picture of Wm. Eggleston in there too.  We were good friends.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] What do you listen to? Memphis gallery)