Subject: [Leica] So a Full Frame M Digital is coming soon???
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 00:44:10 -0500

So this was an interesting evening. My wife and I went down to the French
Quarter to see some clients and then get some dinner at Napoleon House. We
were there eating and this pretty well known photographer sits across the
room from us. Now he has people with him so I don't want to bug him. I
notice he has an M8 with him and he taking photos around Napoleon House. So
I get up to go to the bathroom, figuring on the way back I'd mention what
camera he's using.

So I came back and mention "that's a great camera your using, M8 huh?"

"Yes, sort of"

"Oh the new M8.2"

"Well, no. It's sort of a prototype"

"Wow"

"Let's just say a 50mm is now a 50mm"

"Holy crap!"

I think he had the new 18mm on there but I'm not 100% sure. If that's the
case, he's really shooting wide once again on a Leica M! He would not really
say anything else about the camera. It was all black, no red dot, no white
lettering where the M8 should be.

So here's a grab shot from my wife's iPhone of the two of us, you'll know
the face well.

www.zoeicaimages.com/Untitled-1.jpg

Chris
NOLA