Subject: [Leica] Tokyo Demonstration Wedding
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 23:35:15 +0800

Dear Luggers,

More colour from our visit to Tokyo. Our son is married civilly to a
Japanese girl but they have not been to the Temple yet for the "Big
Ceremony".
Japan is a country like no other in many ways, at least in my
experience. Some of the temples around Tokyo hold demonstration weddings
from time to time to entice prospective brides and grooms to come
along and see how the temple performs the ceremony. Our Japanese
daughter-in-law registered us to attend one of these demonstrations
(which are put on every six months or so) and what follows, in
chronological order, is a series of pictures detailing the various
steps in getting married at this particular temple. The bride and
groom are
actors but the priests are real. We were the only gaijins there, of
course, and I was given free reign to take pictures.
You just have to love Japan in so many ways!
The pictures were all taken with the M8 and the Tri Elmar, auto ISO up
to 1250. Manual White Balance.
Please have a look and enjoy:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Tokyo+Wedding/

http://tinyurl.com/cerpzy