Subject: [Leica] Full frame again
From: felixmaturana at telefonica.net (FŽelix L—opez de Maturana)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 22:13:36 +0200

> Ideas are cheap: re-formulate the wide angle lens in question, scr*w the
> old
> ones. If a pair of new 35/1.4 ASPH or the 35 'cron perform well, that
> satisfy 90% of the problem cases already....

The problem, Richard, start under 28mm. Up to this the lens works
properly and it is with 24, 20, 18 and 16mm where the incident angles of
light reaching corners and borders do not create clean images. My first
experience some years ago with Canon EOS 1Ds and 14mm f2.8 and 16-35mm
f2.8 was very bad.

Right now I've found that Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 works perfectly on a Nikon
FF DSLR even in the corners full open.

Wiht a -promising- FF Leica M the 35 and up will work flawlessly and it
will be the 24 and 21 -not to speak of trielmar Wide- which will find
the big problems.

The best approach in the digital reflex cameras is the Olympus where the
extraordinary 7-14mm - an all the Zuiko E lenses- produce best images in
corners and borders at full open but the price they have  paid is a
smaller sensor with bigger noise and lack of dynamic.

Regards

Felix