Subject: [Leica] The Zurich Cafe
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:35:47 -0700

Sonny offered:

>>>There have been a few times I worried that  the folks in the shot might
not belong together, but then, I guess that's their problem. ;-)<<<<

Hi Sonny,

Along those lines while on a tourism assignment some years ago with a
beautiful sunset sky of clouds and a couple on the stern of a cruise boat,
absolutely the kind of picture you'd die for on any tourism brochure. It
would create a stampede of folks to visit.

I shot the scene in the blink of an eye as I didn't want to miss the moment.
It was just too perfect not to.

Well the next thing I knew the guy was right after me somewhat frantic. not
violent or anything like that. He was, shall we say.. Near peeing himself
because, you guessed? :-) . He was being naughty for a "fun weekend?" and
the other part of the couple wasn't, shall we say.. "His wife!"

He offered to buy the film and practically anything I could ask for and it
would be mine. Man he was "bleeding begging for his life!"  Actually if he
knew anything about photography he'd have known they, "the couple" were in
silhouette against the setting sun! :-)

As he stood there looking so mournfully beaten. Imagine for a moment and try
to visualize this.

A few moments ago this guy had been a stud in heat standing closely to a
honey bee, now he was dying before me.  Truly it was a sad scene! So I did
the right and proper thing... guy to guy! Opened the camera took the roll of
film out and threw it over board! Hey sometimes you got to do what you got
to do! Just being a photographer with a lot of worldly experience and help
guy out. :-)

Truly, "what you give is what you get back!"

I never had a bar bill nor any expenses when the boat docked a few days
later. :-) Strange how those things just seem to happen! ;-)

ted